Friday 6 September 2013

Another busy week - welcoming in September

Once again, time passes so quickly and with so many delicious bites in between that I don’t always have time to include on here, so another short round-up of some of the tasty morsels to have passed my lips in the past week or so. Before I start I feel duty-bound to warn you, it has not been a ‘skinny’ week!


On Friday I went to Portobello Road market for the first time, incredibly quaint and full of eccentrics with a mixture of genuine vintage and not-so-fabulous jumble-sale items, it was a fun way to spend a Friday lunch. Heading back to the office, we stumbled upon the gorgeous Bluebelles Café a gorgeous little café and coffee shop with a number of enticing baked goods on display. I had an iced latte, a ‘Classic’ sandwich of ham and cheese with bread baked on the premises and then an utterly glorious, rich and moist slice of mocha cake which you can see below. A new haunt I fear!


A dinner at my parents with the boyfriend comprised an absolute feast of delicious things including an aubergine parmigianna dish, seafood en papillote – or cooked in a bag with pasta and these utterly delicious little stuffed mushrooms. A simple but incredibly moreish mixture comprising garlic, Gorganzola cheese, finely diced onion and breadcrumbs – phenomenal!


I visited Street Feast on Saturday with my brother Dan and two friends, Jade and Steph and enjoyed an absolute array of gorgeousness. It was the Spanish Street Fiesta theme organised by the lovely Gizzi Erskine, and some of the tasty bits we enjoyed included Salt Yard goats-cheese-stuffed courgette flower drizzled with honey, Copa De Cava’s/ Camino’s delectable pork cheeks with olive oil mash, unbelievably divine rib-tips from Smokestak, pork belly and lamb ribs from Morito as well as delicious Cava Sangria. A fantastic day and some of the deliciousness can be viewed below.




Finally, I attempted my first ever chocolate tart using a recipe from BBC Good Food which you can find here: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3517/chocolate-tart

It wasn’t quite as elegant as I’d like – but with a dollop of Rodda’s clotted cream and a drizzle of the hot chocolate sauce, it wasn’t half bad either!


No comments:

Post a Comment