Tuesday 13 September 2016

Pregnancy Food Diet: Week 17

This past week has been another busy one with a few shortcuts happily taken on the food front plus a meal or two enjoyed out – counting down now to our 20-week scan.

Breakfasts:


Again this has remained a mixture of Nutriblasts or homemade smoothies such as this Banana & Mango combination , plus the Pret Five Berry Bowl of yoghurt, berries and granola during the week. At the weekend I made chocolate pancakes for me, Glen and Bridget on Saturday and served with yoghurt and berries and Sunday we had a combination of what was left in the fridge before the weekly shop: toast, fried tomatoes, blanched asparagus and a rasher of crispy bacon. Surprisingly delicious together.

Main meals:

On Wednesay I enjoyed a delicious lunch of Middle Eastern sharing plates with Chloe Pierre LDN at Nopi

Thursday we enjoyed quick-made Chicken Fajitas made with Old El Paso Smoky BBQ Fajita Mix.

On Friday, after a busy working week, I turned to convenience and cooked some Morrison's breaded cod with McCain's Oven Homefries and a big portion of peas.

Saturday I had to pop into central London with my daughter, brother and his partner and we enjoyed a lovely late Dim Sum meal at Imperial China on Lisle Street.

Prawn and chive dumplings

Prawn cheung fun 

Sunday's are always a good day for cooking and eating together, and we fancied something different. I made this variation of a Chicken and Apricot Tagine and it was gorgeous.

Chicken and apricot tagine

Monday, my day off from work, I spent a bit of time batch-cooking so have some easy-win meals, or at least the basis of meals to hand in the freezer. For our Monday meal I slow cooked some braising steak with onions and mushrooms in ale and beef stock and made this wonderful Steak and Ale Pie with mash and vegetables. Just lovely!

Steak and ale pie

Tuesday night we had a team work night out which involved some crazy golf in trendy Brick Lane at Junkyard Golf. By the time we'd finished we had missed all dinner queues but knowing I have to eat, I made a quick couple of slices of cheese on toast before bedtime, needs must!

No comments:

Post a Comment